View Screen-Reader Accessible Site
New to HBC?
Most Americans own a Bible, yet only a small fraction actually read the Bible. I’m guessing that’s why George Barna found and reported, “Only 9% of all born-again adults have a biblical worldview…The other 91% possess a patchwork of theological views and rarely rely upon those perspectives to inform their daily decisions.” That causes me spiritual heartburn.
 
I’m asking lately, “Does the Bible still have value and voice?” If not, let’s move on to something else. BUT if it does still matter—and obviously I believe it does—then should we not read it like it still matters…and obey it as if we’re going to be held accountable to our Creator for what we did with His entrusted self-revelation?
 
I’m preaching today the fourth in a series of five messages entitled, “Reading the Bible As If It Still Matters.” This morning’s text will come from Matthew 13, if you want to go ahead and find your way there.
 
If you’d like to use your smartphone or mobile device to follow along with today’s message, simply type www.hilldale.org/SermonNotes into your web browser.
 
If you’re a guest today, welcome to Hilldale! We pray that you’ll sense God’s presence as you join us in worship. And I hope you’ll be kind enough to complete the guest registration slip to your right so we can get to know one another a little bit better.
 
By the way, I hope you know that God loves you and so do I!
 



Bro. Larry 
Video